Sunday, October 22, 2006

The first entry - I caught a lizard!!

Well, here it is, the first blog, how exciting!

Okay, so I caught a lizard last week - phew! It was the 3rd lizard (that I know about) that was in the house. We have a lot of little gecko type lizard things in our yard, on the house, and on the screens. So when Russ was saying he saw a lizard on the wall I really didn't think much of it. Then I realized he was looking behind the couch and the lizard on the wall was actually inside, on the wall. Now, I don't do bugs in the house and consequently I don't do critters either! So, we watched the lizard run under the couch. I looked for him, tried to scare him out, but that didn't work. So, I thought this can wait for Adam to get home and he can catch the lizard. But then I started imagining sitting on the couch and the lizard coming out and crawling on me, near me, ON ME!!! Needless to say, this was not going to wait for Adam to come home. To make a long story short - it took about 30 minutes, a shoebox, a piece of turkey meat and a broomstick, but I caught that lizard!! (Yea me!!) By the way, the lizard had no interest in the turkey, but the cats did and were more interested in that than the lizard, (lizard #2 apparently lost its life to the cats - totally gross but thankfully stayed on the tile and not the carpet!). So, once the lizard was secure in the box, (sheer luck, I assure you!), I caught my breath and we released the lizard into the flower bed where he found refuge in a blooming mum. Did I say PHEW!!!????

No comments: