Monday, May 11, 2009

Summ-Summ-Summer Time

The weather man hit right on the nose this morning, weather wise, we have only had about 10 days of Spring. It is already in the upper 90s and it doesn't look like it is going to get cooler any time soon. This just adds fuel to my fire – getting' outta Vegas during the actual summer. Plans are starting to shape up. Unfortunately, Adam has to go to NM for a military exercise, so the plan just moves forward without him and hopefully, we'll catch him on the tail end of our trip.

So, here's the plan, even if you don't want to hear it ; ) My Dad's Mom is turning 90 this year and they (his siblings) are throwing a big party/luncheon at a winery in Plymouth, CA. I am not very close to this grandma, but all ten grandkids will be there and that is something that hasn't happened in years. It should be a lot of fun. The conflict for me is getting to Northern CA with the 3 kids minus Adam. I really want my car, so flying is not a good option. The 2nd option is to have someone fly to me and drive with the kids and I. Adelle is stepping up to the plate and we will have an adventure together! I am looking forward to getting some alone time with her, she'd like to make a trip on her own and the kids adore her: we all win!

After spending a few days with the Vershaws, the kids and I will head to Napa and spend about a week with my mom. Martha already has the itinerary built, so it will be nonstop action! One of the fun and silly things we like to do is visit Train Town in Sonoma. The whole thing started with taking Russell and has continued with Rachel and carried over to Dawn's daughter, Ena, Shelly's son, Jackson, and Tonja's daughters too. So, of course, we have to take Rowan for his first trip and Tonja had a baby girl in February, Elizabeth, so the two newbies will get take their first Train Town trip together!! Tonja's kids and mine haven't been able to spend much time together, let alone experience any 'firsts' together, so even though it may be 'just' Train Town, it will be extra special! It is the little things that mean so much!!

After we wear out my mom in Napa, we'll go back up to Yuba City and the Vershaws and head off on the great NW Adventure. Meaning a big RV 'camping' trip. We'll head up through Oregon and top out in Seattle and make our way back. I think we'll be gone about 2- 2 ½ weeks. I am looking forward to it! My dad is a really good trip planner and quite frankly, I like to be a long for the ride. Grandma Rizzi (Dawn & TJ's grandma) once said "It's just so nice to be a passenger". I couldn't agree more. We'll get to see Andy a couple of times and Schelley in Seattle, which is a total bonus. One night we are staying at an RV park that is also a drive in movie theater – how fun will that be?!? We can put our chairs outside and watch a movie outside; the kids are going to love that.

At some point, Adam will fly up to Northern CA (and possibly Oregon) to catch up with up with us. We are hoping to leave the kids with the grandparents and get away for a weekend and then head back to Vegas.

August will hold some kind of trip too. I am hoping for san Diego area or maybe even Tahoe??? Adam will be deploying in the Fall, so we definitely want to get out and do something before he goes. All of the deployment stuff is up in the air and therefore, August is too. We'll figure it out – we always do!

No comments: