Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Did you just call me the DVR Queen????

I have to admit my new obsession. We got a new computer and it has a TV tuner AND you can record TV programs AND burn them to DVD. My motivation is completely selfish. I am tired of listening and half watching the same 3 Little Einstein episodes and the same 4 Backyardigan episodes, and well basically all the DVDs that the kids have. And now I can choose which ones to record, burn them and presto - variety for my ears!!! I am so thrilled with myself! VCR???? What's THAT? Ha!
I seem to have a daily obsession these days. One was finding a used desk that I could refinish for Russell. Haven't found that yet. One was deciding what to wear for Adam's squadron xmas party. (The answer to that in short story terms a 'pre-Rachel' dress hanging in my closet that fits, thank you very much!!) Another was our annual holiday rhyme and adding a new twist, you'll have to wait for the result on that obsession.
What will be today's obsession? I think it may be making ice cream to take to Thanksgiving dinner at the Boynton's tomorrow. But, it could end up being what to do about the squirrels in our backyard. As our neighbor Ray commented the other day - the squirrels are thick this year. They have managed to outsmart the 'squirrel proof' bird feeder and are eating all the birdseed. They also come right up to the sliding glass doors and taunt the cats. How do you get rid of the squirrels???? Stop feeding them? Feed them something else so they don't eat the bird food? Let the cats out to hunt/chase them away??? Hmmm.... Ice cream, definitely focusing on ice cream today....

1 comment:

christinenicole1 said...

Congrats on getting into a pre-Rachel dress! Ooh-la-la!! Sexy Mama!