Sunday, November 05, 2006

Treats and Tricks...


Well, it is no secret, the kids (Dora and pirate) had a great Halloween. And, I actually was able to take a picture of them together! Usually I can't seem to get them facing forward or close enough together. Rachel visited about 5 houses with Russ and then she headed home with Adam to hand out candy. Russell and I took on the rest of the neighborhood. Rachel could have cared less about getting candy - she just wanted to run after Russell and go inside the neighbors' houses. Russ was all about the candy, and what 5 yr old isn't??? This year he had a hard time saying "Trick or Treat". Instead he would say something like "I like treats.... I don't like tricks." The neighbors loved it!! Handfuls of candy were given to the gracious pirate. After saying thank you, he'd tell me somehting like "Oh, I love that woman" or "I LOVED that house" or "That was a nice woman / man". Too funny! He was such a treat to take out and about! Just his running commentary and observations while walking the neighborhood was so fun to listen to. He was so genuine in his excitement and joy, trick or treating might have been more fun for me.

No comments: