Thursday, January 11, 2007

2007 - The Year of Fitness

Adam and I have proclaimed this our year of fitness! Well, we haven't made the actual proclamation as much as taken all the steps to make this The Year of Fitness (imagine big booming voice). And, now that I have written about it in the blog, we'll have to stick to it, otherwise, it would just be embarrassing to not follow thru!!!
And what have we done, you may wonder? Well, my friends, let me tell you. The first thing is I joined a new gym. I have been going regularly, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to try a spinning class yet, although I hope to soon! Second, we bought a used treadmill from a friend/co-worker. Adam and I have both used it already. Third, Adam ordered some DVD workouts called PX90 or something like that. It was an infomercial that hooked him! (We haven't received them yet, so more info on those in a later post) And, of course our last bit is eating better and for me that means back to counting points - Weight Watchers. But, there aren't a lot of choices for meetings around here, so instead of spending money on WW, I joined the gym. But, I figure I can do program at home pretty easily. I just have to stick to it.
Losing the Rachel baby weight has been difficult. I am not sure why it has been so hard. Could it be age? Being home with the kids? Lack of sleep for so many months with Rachel? Whatever the reason, I can't really even call it baby weight any longer and it is time to get it off once and for all and get back to my normal size.
So, here we go, 2007, The Year of Fitness (don't forget the voice!!!). Let's hope it goes well!!!

1 comment:

christinenicole1 said...

lol!! I am feeling the same way about my 'baby weight', and i echo your wondering if we can still call it that. i say if it came from her originally you can call it 'baby weight'...so there! anyhoo...i too do not like my weight watchers meeting options, so just this last week i signed up for the weight watchers online program. LOVE IT, so far! I had been 'doing' weight watchers in my head these last months and go NO WHERE fast! Anyway, good luck! And can i just say i hope that you are not as crabby as i was for about the first three days re-remembering just how little 20 points actually is! love, christine