Monday, January 22, 2007

Someone Refuses to Use a Toilet...

And it isn't Adam. Ha! Of course, it is Rachel. During naked time after a bath or shower, she will tell us that she has to go pee pee. So, we sit her on the toilet - the big one or the small training one and she will not pee. Now on the big toilet she'll wipe until the tp is gone. The little toilet she cries and says no pee pee. She's getting pretty good at holding it until we break down and give her a diaper. Then it is full diaper very quickly! Ha! So, we are holding out on the diaper a little bit longer each night, hoping she'll do the deed. But for now, she refuses to use the toilet!

I did manage to keep her elbow in place this week! No dislocating whatsoever!

We, well, I have been busy planning Russell's 6th Birthday Party - 6 years old, sigh. This will be our first party out of the house and at someplace fun. Typically we have a big dinner party kind of thing for the kids' birthdays at our house. But now that he is older (and wants to invite classmates) and everyone in our Air Force circle has kids (finally!) it is time to take the party elsewhere. This year will be at "Pump It Up" party place - an indoor facility filled with with inflatable bouncy slide things. It will be chaos with kids of all ages bouncing for 90 min. But, I think everyone will thank me for the great naps that will follow later in the day!!!

And before I post this, let me update you on the "Year of Fitness" (you know, the voice!!) We are still using the treadmill, going to the gym, and Adam's infomercial of really hard workouts (Oh my God - OUCH!) finally arrived - so we are still at it! I have lost about 7lbs (yippee!) but really that was weight I gained on vacation last summer and at xmas, but it's a start and I am not complaining!!!

No comments: