Wednesday, May 16, 2007

School's OUT!

Well, almost. Rachel's nursery school is out and Russ will be done Friday at 11:15. Goodbye Kindergarten, hello 1st grade!!! These last few days for him are a flurry of activity. Yesterday, they helped clean up the class and had some little lunch picnic.

Today was water play day for those who earn it with good behavior. (Rachel and I were helping in the concessions and checked in on Russ once. His friends all give me hugs, but he's too cool to do so at school! Rachel, on the other hand, had her audience and was happy for a good 3 hours until it was time to nap, so we came home.) Boy, the water play stuff was excellent. The PTO pays for these big inflatable slides, there must have been at 4 big inflatable things with water running on them. It looked like a lot of fun, messy, but fun.

Tomorrow, Russell's class has their end of the year party and the Kindergarten Awards. Rachel and I will be there to help. Well, I'll help and Rachel will party : ) I have been working on this big flower pot that I painted for Russell's teacher and then I had each student in class paint their hand and we did did hand prints on it and they wrote their names too. It is really cute. Their teacher is a gardener, so I know she will love it.

And then we have the half day on Friday. It kind of seems pointless to go, but he'll go. It will be fun for him and a good way to finish off the year.

I think I am more excited for summer than Russell is. I am telling you, I am tired of getting him up at 6:30 every morning to get some breakfast and dressed and out the door in time. Don't get me wrong, Rachel will be up every morning early, so I won't be sleeping in, but it will be nice to have a slower pace and less nagging!! What? Me?? NAG??? NEVER!!!! ; )

No huge summer plans this year. We did just do the Disney bit... Russ will go to speech only twice per week this summer. I'd like to get him in some karate lessons and have finally found a good teacher (a dad at school who is a fireman and has taught for years; he's great with all the kids. Plus, his daughter is named Rachel too, so there you go). Of course, swim lessons is on the agenda and my green thumb!! Which means gardening in the heat, but the AC will feel SO good when I come inside. (That's what I keep telling myself) I think all of that will be enough to keep us busy. And if it isn't, I might just have to complain in this blog!! Lucky you!!

What's that song... Schooooool's out for summer..... (Alice Cooper maybe??) In the fall I am sure I'll be begging for it to strat again; remember those Staples commercials "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

1 comment:

schelley said...

Didn't our moms used to celebrate when we went back to school????