Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Aleeka

For a while now, Rachel has been talking about a little girl named Aleeka. I thought, well here it is, Rachel has an imaginary friend. We had no clue where she even got the name from and quite frankly, I am not even sure how to spell it! We have picked out flowers for a pot and Rachel says they are "Aleeka flowers" because Aleeka likes purple flowers. She even has told us that Aleeka lives in Las Vegas, in the city, meaning down by the strip. She and I drove down to the strip to pick up my friend form college, Trina, (visiting from Iowa while her hubby was involved in a dart tourney and we spent the day with Trina, yay!) Rachel was sure we were going to pick up Aleeka too and was DEVESTATED that we didn't. She was genuinely sad, crocodile tears, the whole package. I have to admit I was a little flabbergasted. I didn't know she was so into Aleeka.

Rachel also has an imaginary pink house where she lives with her "babe" (we assume she means husband) and her boy children and girl children and a girl baby. One day she told me she has a red bench outside of her pink house that she sits on and watches her boy & girl children play. She'll explain how they play and what they do, complete with silly sound effects. Then one day she and her babe took the boy&girl children and the girl baby on a picnic with Aleeka. Another time her babe was using a hammer and he hit his thumb. He said "Ow, Ow, OUCH!" (Rachel imitating it perfectly) and then she said she had to put a band aid on her babe's thumb. She has drawn a picture of herself, her babe, the boy & girl children and some barbells b/c her babe likes to work out. (Babe is beginning to sound a lot like Adam!!!) She has told us plenty of other stories, that I wish I would have written down. Rachel has quite an active imagination.

Well, about a week ago I finally figured out who the heck Aleeka is and how she came into our lives. Rachel and Rowan like to watch "Your Baby Can Read" dvds (usually in the van while we are carting Russ to speech or whatever) and guess who is the videos? The one, the only……. Aleeka!!! We had stopped watching the dvds for a while (I don't think that Rowan will be reading any time soon, but I figure it can't hurt them to watch them and learn some sight words. This could be another post. Adam is big on them and I bought them to appease him more than anything. Enough about that!) Back to Aleeka. So, Rachel talked a lot about Aleeka when we had stopped the dvds, but now that she is watching them again more regularly, she doesn't talk about her anymore.


 

1 comment:

christinenicole1 said...

that is a great story!!! i love those moments when you figure out what they've been rambling about! i know it's happened to me and now i am going crazy trying to remember what it was! agh!