Sunday, June 07, 2009

a-MAY-zing

My second favorite time of year is Mother's Day thru the end of May, my birthday. How selfish is THAT?? Ha! Thanksgiving to New Year's is my favorite time of year, incase you were wondering.. But the last part of May was really good to me this year and I just have to share some highlights.

This year, Mother's day was a bit off with the tummy flu and all that. We celebrated again the following weekend – Adam got me a spa day – 1 hour facial and a 1 hour massage – so relaxing! We also tried out a new restaurant (new to us) called Agave. The food was pretty good, (pumpkin seed crusted salmon for me and Adam had a braised short rib with some fancy mushroom rice); however the real standouts were the margaritas. They were outstanding. The kids were really good, it was great family night out.

I have been to the library a few times this month. I am thinking that a lot of people in Las Vegas read Debi's blog, b/c the books she reviews and likes are hard to get! I have had to put requests in for those. In the meantime I read a few books, non that I would read again. I did read "The Other Queen" by Philippa Gregory. I have read a few of her other books and enjoyed them, but this book I really struggled to finish and finished it b/c I had invested so much time in it. I am just starting "The Family Tree"b/c Christine recommended it and next on my stack is "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" which was suggested to me by two different people. By the time I finish those, I hope some of my 'Debi books' will be waiting for me to check out!!

Memorial Day Weekend was terrific, but I already wrote about that.

Which leads us to the 36th birthday. I mean, 29th birthday! Just kidding, I have no qualms about my age, especially since I still get carded!!! I slept in, Adam made waffles, I worked out, spent some fun time playing the Wii with the kids, and then went and had a deluxe mani & pedi and enjoyed every second! I have really been wanting a new camera, so Adam, who gets nervous about buying me gifts, asked if I'd mind picking out my camera so I could get what I wanted. Heck no, I don't mind, I appreciated that he asked. So, I ordered my new camera (got a fancy one b/c I added my birthday girl money from my mom) and it should be here soon. We went to Lotus of Siam (Thai Food) for dinner. So delicious, again. I have to mention the great service too. The regular table service is very good, they have no problems making Rachel just a plate of lettuce (I bring her salad dressing since they don't serve Ranch dressing), and this time a server noticed that Rowan threw his bink on the floor and he brought us a cup of hot water to wash it off. We just really appreciate little things like the cup of hot water, it is very thoughtful. The night ended with a homemade coconut cake that I LOVE.

Adam also insisted that we try out a cleaning service a couple times per month to help me keep up with the house. Who is this guy? Oh, just the greatest husband, ever! : ) Ha!

So, I guess it isn't any wonder why I heart the last half of May.

1 comment:

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

Who knew I had a Vegas readership besides you? :)

I usually reserve books online and then a stack is waiting for us once Graham has made his selections.