Thursday, July 12, 2007

Photos, Baby Books and Hormones

Not a pretty mix!

Since I've been preggers and the weather is hot and humid, seizing the yard has been put on hold. Believe me, I tried, but it just isn't physically possible. So, I have now turned my yard obsession into a 'get all of these photos organized and into books' obsession.

I thought the first and simplest task would be to finish the kids' baby books. I always kept up the info in them, but never the photographs. I had an envelope for each child that I have had for years filled with photos for their baby books. So, I get started and finish Russell's, no problem. Then I start on Rachel's and I can't find her envelope. I look around, I can't find them. Her ultrasound pictures are in that envelope and I start getting worried. We only got one sonogram session for her, so they are very important.

Then I remember cleaning out old pictures a few days earlier - had I thrown out her envelope??? I was sure I had even though I knew I hadn't. So, off I go to the outside garbage bins, latex gloves and all. I did not see it. Well, I decide to print her pictures again, they were mostly digital, no big deal, but the ultrasound photos were no where to be found. I felt horrible. I was even wondering if my Dr. in OK still had them in my file. The hormones are really kicking in at this point. Poor Rachel, she won't have those pictures in her book, how could I lose them, on and on.

So, I print out some photos glue them in the book and put the book back in the cabinet when what did my hand touch??? Her damn envelope!!! I almost cried! There they were, right where I thought I had put them. So, I officially finished her book and it felt great!

I did manage to get some photos in some albums, but the rest I would like to scrapbook - I have gotta get my scrap back! Ha! I did figure out this week that I can scrapbook on the computer. I can use these templates to insert photos which will save me so much time. Then I can print out my pages and pop them in the book. I wish I would have figured that out about a year ago.

No comments: