Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chan-ya, You Rock!

Before I forget, I wanted to post this funny story about Russell and then I'll get to TJ.

In Atlanta when I was taking Russ to the Dr. for his croup, we were checking in with the nurse and Russ was talking about how he loves sharks. He was saying that sharks are his favorite animal. The nurse was saying, well, aren't sharks a fish? Do you like any animals like dogs and cats? Russ says - oh yeah, I like cats, we have 3 cats. And then, (and remember we are in Atlanta, home to Michael Vick....) Russell says - But I love Dogfights. The nurses eyes pop out of her head and Russ is going on and on about killing the enemy, how dog fights are cool, blah blah blah. I am cracking up because he means 'dogfights' with airplanes like in WWII. So, I explain to the nurse what he means and she starts cracking up b/c obviously this little boy knows nothing about dog fighting with dogs and all that is going on with that!!! I thought it was so funny - of all the places to say you love dogfights, Russ has to say it to some stranger in Atlanta!!! That is one for the books!

Last weekend there was a message on the machine for from Tonja (of Garland and Tahoe fame, for those who need a reminder) saying that she scored baby boy stuff and that we were set. Let me quote the message "I scored like 2 Macy's bags full of boy clothes. You know, the big bags with handles". How I do know and miss the big Macy's bags with handles!!! Ha! Of course, I had to call her back... It turns out that her mother's group in Napa was doing a children's clothing exchange and almost everyone wanted and needed girls clothes, but had tons of boys clothes to trade. So, after asking the participants if she could share the wealth with me, Tonja scored big time!!! As we were catching up on the phone on other things, she was counting and counting. I can't remember the final tally, but the onesie count was near 30 and the sleeper count was near 20 and then there was a lot more that I can't even remember, it was that much. The baby will not be naked!!! Anyway, I just wanted to tell her again, Tonja, you are awesome! And thanks so much for thinking of us and scoring the great clothes. You rock!!!!

1 comment:

schelley said...

When did you guys get a third cat?