Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rachel Turns 3


Gone are the days of the 'terrific twos' and now are the days of the 'thrilling threes'!!!! Rachel's birthday was pretty uneventful - no big party this year, just a couple of friends over to help celebrate : ) Adam's mom, Jamie, came for a long weekend visit that coincided with Rachel's birthday, so it was nice that she could be here to celebrate too.


So, I have decided that Rachel is already bummed about getting older. Anytime we sing Happy Birthday to her or someone wishes her a happybirthday, she puts her face in her hands and whines. Get over it, toots, talk to the rest of us when you hit at least 30.


Adam took his mom and Russell deep sea fishing last weekend while Rachel and I farted around the house to get ready for the birthday dinner. They had a blast and caught so many fish, they gave some away. Meanwhile, Rach and I stayed in our jammies until like noon and had a quiet morning.


On Monday, there was no school (Fall Break. Whatever that is) and Jamie and I took the kids to Gulf World Marine Park. It is a smallish local marine park with a dolphin, sea lion, and bird shows with birds and other critters to look at. They did have sharks, so Russ was happy about that. We hadn't ever been and I can't say that we'll go back, but we had a good time.
Okay, a belly update.... We have pretty much settled on a name - shocking! Rowan Andrew Bright. Rowan seems to be growing at a pretty good pace now and so is my chest - yowza. I am at that point where it is getting harder to bend over and pick anything up. He is still most active when I am hungry and his kicks, punches, etc. are much stronger than before. My biggest complaint is leg cramps at night. They hurt and are so sharp, they wake you up; not any fun. It does seem to help when I take the time to stretch at night before bed.
More baby stuff from Jess came this weekend, including a breastpump (what a lifesaver!!). In the boxes were all of Russell's hooded towels from his newborn days. They still looked brand new - how that is possible after being used by 3 children is beyond me : ) Lots of blankets and bibs inthe boxes too. Jamie has decided by the time Rowan is born, we'll only need diapers! What can I say? We have amazing friends and family!!!!

1 comment:

schelley said...

Hey! I suggested Roan - you just spelled it differently. Do I get a prize?????