Friday, April 17, 2009

She Really Does Look Like A Connie

Rachel is enrolled in a couple of classes thru the city of NLV rec center. The classes are awesome and super cheap. You can't ask for a better deal. She takes ballet and gymnastics. We ended up taking both classes with a little girl named Laura. I got to talking with her mom every week and she is just so nice. Her mom works for the vendor at the commissary, so I'd see her while grocery shopping on base- just a really nice woman. For example in gymnastics, she always reminds the teacher that Rachel is left-handed and afraid of heights, so when Rach is struggling with cartwheels or doing something on the high balance beam, she always speaks up before I do. Such a nice person. So as the weeks turn into months, I realize I don't know Laura's mom's name. At the commissary she doesn't wear a name tag that you can see and I always think to bring it up, but it never comes up while we are chatting away and watching the girls in class. So Tracey enrolls Jaime in our gymnastics class and she and I make this plan for Tracey to introduce herself and then we could learn Laura's mom's name. The plan doesn't work! And it backfires b/c she hears Tracey and I calling each other by name and now she knows our names and we don't know hers. Tracey sees her at the commissary too and we can't get her name. One day I decide, I am going to write down my name and phone number b/c we have talked about meeting up at the park with the girls so they can play, going to see Sesame Street Live together. I figure if I do it, she'll either call me and say this is Laura's mom, _______. Right? Or, she'll write down her contact info for me. As it turns out, they invited Rachel to Laura's birthday party. Rachel is so excited to have a bday invite, she won't let me look at it and I am dying to know Laura's mom's name. Her name? It is Connie. I tell you, she really does look like a Connie. And we are taking the girls to Sesame Street Live in a couple of weeks, so new friend for me too, hurray!

1 comment:

christinenicole1 said...

Well thank God the mystery is solved! That is great, i can sleep now!