Monday, January 07, 2008

Ready for Rowan!!!

Leading up to Christmas Adam and I kept saying after Xmas we'll focus on getting ready for Rowan. On the 26th, drinking our coffee, watching the kids play with toys, we made our game plan and then Adam caught Rachel's cold! But, no cold can stop the plan.....

I had an OB appt on Dec. 21st and made my Dr. promise that he wouldn't let me have a 10lb child. He promised that he'd try! But then reminded me that I have already given birth to 2 healthy 8+ babies and managed to push them out in record time. And for the record, I am a good pusher. LaDean (not sure if you remember this, LaDean) gave me a great tip about labor and pushing after she had Kari and I never forgot it. I did not want to be in there pushing for hours!!
So, back to my OB - he says to me you've had two big babies already, it's not like we were expecting you to have a 6 lb child this time, right? And then he says, (and I find this HILARIOUS, even in my 'bothered' state), he says "I expect you to have about a 9lb baby and I am not too worried about it because you have PROVEN PELVIS". (Yes, he said proven pelvis)Of course, that being said we still don't want a 10 lb child and he'll induce early if Rowan is getting too big, but I'm sitting there laughing to myself - he just said proven pelvis, a PP if you will. I have a proven pelvis. I have been having a lot of fun with it too - I'm just going to take my proven pelvis and sit in this chair to relax. Me and my PP want to go shopping. The list goes on.....
My PP and I went back to the OB last week and I am going to have another ultrasound on Jan. 21st to see how big Rowan is and then we'll talk about if we will induce early and the timing and all that. So no news on the when, I'll report back on that later.

OK, getting ready for Gigantor, Moose, Rowan. Our house is a 3 bedroom and for now Rowan will room in with us, which means some rearranging of things in our room and closets. Done! New dresser/changing table that can also double as a nightstand for Adam - bought and built! Got out all the clothes and things we have been accruing - washed and put away. New PacknPlay for Rowan to start life with - ordered and on the way (Thanks Mom!).
Rachel is sharing closet space with Rowan - generous of her, isn't it? So, her closet is organized and ready.
We needed a rocking chair for the living room. We had one of those baby glider chairs with Rachel, but the back was so straight, it was almost uncomfortable, I always wished it would recline a bit. So, I was determined that this time I'd get a chair that reclines and rocks/glides. Well, the kind they make for nurseries and babies that do that are like $500 and not that great looking. So, Russell and I ventured out for a day of local chair shopping, not sure what we'd find. (We left the sickies at home.) Russ is great fun to shop with and no surprise he liked all the red chairs no matter what they felt like! We did end up finding a good ol' LazyBoy, but it is a more petite size, not terribly ugly, but completely comfortable and affordable. So, I did have to abandon my distaste for recliners, but it was the right choice - even came in a color that works with our furniture, so we didn't have to order it. And I'll admit - I love that damn chair already. It is everything I wanted. So, rocking chair - check!!!

Next on the list is getting those last minute baby supplies - diapers, baby wash, that kind of stuff. We still need to tour the hospital, sterilize a few bottles and that kind of thing. But other than that type of stuff we are feeling ready. I am really ready to not be preggers!!!

No comments: