Saturday, January 12, 2008

Some Wookie Cookies

Andy gave Russ a Star Wars Cookbook for Christmas. Russ loves it and we do too! It is so funny and really does has some tasty recipes. Last night we made Wookie Cookies, which is essentially a chocolate chip cookie with 2 types of chocolate and cinnamon in the dough. Russell insisted that we have a Wookie in the kitchen while we made our cookies. And, who can eat Wookie Cookies without Star Wars? Tonight we made Han-Burgers. Again, your basic recipe with a few flavor additions. The best part of Han-Burgers is the illustration to go with the recipe - a Millennium Falcon shooting ketchup onto a burger. No telling what recipe we'll try next, but I suspect it may be Yoda Soda.

I have to report on our Fantasy Football year. And now is as good as time as ever, so.....
I am proud to report that all three of my teams made the playoffs in all three leagues. We run one league and have had a core group of people for 3 years. This year our group was pretty global - Germany, Canada, Alaska & Florida. My team, Vintage Crushers, barely made the playoffs, and ended up in 5th place. Quarterbacks killed me in that league. I had an injury to my first string quarterback and just struggled after that. Adam did well in that league, his Russell's Revenge, ended the year in 3rd place.
We also play in Adam's former boss, Chris's league. In that league our team names are Better Half and Worse Half. Chris had given us those names as a joke, but we thought they were fun and kept them. If you EVEN have to ask which team is mine, you are banned from the blog!!! Ha! Of all my teams, I thought this was my worst draft, but sheer luck won me 2nd place. Adam may have placed 5th or so, I can't remember.
And the third league was a Tyndall AFB league with a lot of Adam's coworkers. Nipple Maulers was my team, really my best team overall, and in that league and I placed 3rd. Which is nothing to sniff at, but I really wanted 1st. I just kept smokin those guys week after week. I lost once by .2 points (the WORST kind of loss) and then I lost on the Pats bye week. I had both Tom Brady and Randy Moss on that team; those were some sick points. But on a crucial playoff game for fantasy football, both Tom and Randy didn't get it done. That's the way the game goes sometimes and what can I say, the guys we played with know I should have been the champ ; )

So now that the NFL has hit playoff season - we are excited, but a little sad. The end of a season. Tom was good to me this year, so I am rooting for the Pats. But then again, I love Peyton, I'd like to see him win it all again. I haven't given up on my Niners, they are still my team, but ouch. Hey, at least they aren't as bad as the Dolphins. For now anyway!!!

No comments: